I jacked this from Rap-Up but here are 5 facts about “Tupac’s” appearance at Coachella last night.
Folks have been inquiring all day about how the show was put together well here ya go…
1. Tupac’s protective mother Afeni Shakur was “positively thrilled” after seeing the lifelike portrayal of her son, according to TMZ. While she was not in attendance at the festival, she did watch the live stream on YouTube.
2. Dr. Dre asked Afeni for approval to incorporate her son into his performance and she agreed. As a thank you, Dre reportedly made a donation to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
3. The Tupac hologram was Dre’s idea. He called on San Diego-based company AV Concepts, who took nearly four months to create it in a studio. “We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, told MTV News. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life.”
4. The exact cost of bringing Pac back to life for one night is undisclosed, but is estimated in the price range of $100,000 to upwards of $400,000.
5. According to Daz Dillinger, Nate Dogg was originally supposed to appear as a hologram as well, but a last-minute decision was made not to use him. Instead photos of the late rapper flashed across the screen as Snoop performed “Ain’t No Fun.”
The basedgods have spoken and resurrected Tupac from the dead…In the form of hologram. Snoop Dog and Dr. Dre performed last night at the Coachela festiva beside a technological enhanced image of Pac. This looks too real. Sources say that it cost $10 million for this to be done.
Last night VH1 re-aired Aaliyah’s “Behind The Music” special. The special took us through Aaliyah’s life from her early days in Detroit to the fatal car crash that took her life. The special originally aired back in 2001 but the network added some extra footage that had never been seen before.
In her first interview since he death of her daughter, Cissy Houston says that she did all that she could to save the troubled singer.
In a TV interview that will air on Monday Cissy said “I know I did the best I could. … I don’t blame myself. I know I did the best I could for everything.”
When asked about Whitney’s legacy Cissy told Brenda Blackmon “She accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here … she was a very wonderful person”
Cissy said that even though she is still coping with the grief of losing her daughter she wanted everyone to know that the rumors about Whitney being broke when she passed are false. She said “Whitney did not die broke … she’s not broke. None of that crap
The attorney who represents Trayvon Martin’s family said that he expects for charges to be filed against 28-year-old George Zimmerman. Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch member who shot and killed Trayvon as the teenager was walking home from a trip to the store to purchase skittles and iced tea.
Attorney Daryl Parks said that he and the family have met with officials from the U.S. Justice Department.
“I think the focus is not a federal arrest over a state arrest,” Parks said told the journalists. “We want an arrest, period. And I think that the state aspect of that is the one that’s most feasible, that’s most attainable in this matter.”
Asked his sense that state officials will press charges, he said, “Oh, they will.”
“Most state laws tend to be better for the prosecution of state crimes,” Parks told the journalists. “And that’s why we see the federal authorities expressing, although gently, they can only do so much if there’s some type of race issues involved. The state officials don’t have that problem.”
Zimmerman’s lawyer and his lawyer are standing by a claim of self defense. Saying that he suffered a bloody nose and a cut on the back of his head after the altercation with Trayvon. SOURCE
Whitney Houston’s cousin Dionne Warwick sat down with Entertainment Tonight for an interview that will air tonight. In the interview Dionne said “You know, in all honesty, I think she had a heart attack.” Warwick also answered questions about her opinion on rumors that Whitney died because of drug abuse , “I don’t know if it’s that or not. I think her heart just gave out.”
The results of Whitney’s toxicology report will be released around March 23rd.
Whitney Houston’s will was filed in Atlanta today, and according to TMZ the singer left everything to her only child Bobbi Kristina.
Whitney Houston’s 19-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina got inconceivably richer the day her mother died — because the singer left Bobbi 100% of her assets in her will … an estate valued at around $20 million.
According to reports, Whitney’s will doesn’t enumerate specific assets — but she leaves ALL furnishings, clothing, personal effects, jewelry and cars to her surviving children … i.e. Bobbi.
Whitney’s money will be put into a trust fund and Bobbi K. will have access to it in phases. She will get lumps sums of money when she turns 21,25, and 30 years old.
According to TMZ, Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy is planning to go back to the hotel room in Beverly Hills where the singer died.
Sources say that Cissy is looking for closure and plans to go back to the room to get it.
According to sources close to Cissy, she wants to go back to room 434 at the Beverly Hilton hotel and reestablish a spiritual connection with her daughter … in order to come to terms with her sudden death.
Cissy plans to pray and spend quiet time in the room in an attempt to help her cope with the death of her daughter.